Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gradumacation Day

About 18 hours ago, I graduated from law school.

(Waits for applause)

(Suddenly realizes he used this same joke two posts ago)

Ahem.

Anyway.

I will have more to say about my law school experience at some point, but for now, I wanted to leave you all with two brief comments.

First, my complete and utter excitement at our entrance music today. Our graduation ceremony was held in the Harper Quadrangle, an outdoor forum. I was quite delighted to discover that we would be entering with a group of bagpipers leading the way (kilts and all) and doubly delighted to discover that their first musical selection was Scotland the Brave, the unofficial Scotch national anthem. Of course, I was excited merely because this particular tune also doubles as Rowdy Roddy Piper's entrance music from both WWF and WCW:



Enjoy Rowdy Roddy Piper's entrance. I always do.

Anyway, I also wanted to express a quick thanks to all my classmates from the past three years. You all have made law school an overall enjoyable experience, and I don't know where I would be without you.

As I was driving back home from dinner with my family this evening, the song "Body of an American" by The Pogues came on. This song was known as the song played on The Wire as a farewell for departed characters, and I can think of no better tribute to those friends I have made over the last few years than the sentiments expressed therein:




Anyway, I love you all. I'll stop being sentimental tomorrow, I promise, but for now, just know that I appreciate and love you all.

Carcetti out.

No comments: